The State of Nebraska has established age limits regarding the sale of some age sensitive products as follows:
- An employee who is 16 years of age or older may stock, sack and carry out alcoholic liquor from licensed establishments, although she/he must be accompanied by a person over 21 years of age (the purchaser).
- An employee may remove liquor containers as a waiter, waitress or busboy of a restaurant, hotel, etc. upon reaching the age of 16.
- Other than stated above, an individual may not buy, sell, dispense or have in possession or physical control any alcoholic liquor in Nebraska, except in his/her permanent place of residence.
- Licensee must not permit possession or consumption by a minor on the licensed premise.
- Any employee may be charged criminally for selling or serving a minor.
Lottery Ticket Sales
- There is no age restriction for the clerk who sells Lottery tickets.
- Players of Lottery must be 19 years of age to buy or redeem tickets.
- There is no age restriction for the clerk who sells tobacco products.
- Purchasers must be 18 years of age or older